Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Rural Living and the World Wide Web.

I recently started to search online for all things small town, rural town, small town business and maybe a couple hundred more ways to search Google.  What I found was some real interesting reading.  I wanted to take a few minutes to share some of my findings so that you can enjoy them too.

I stumbled upon this site when I did a search for small town business.  The article that I originally read was called “Small Business Ideas and Inspiration for A Small Town”.  As with anything there is no real magic solution to starting a business regardless if you are in small town Ontario or if you are in the big city.  Basically this article goes on to tell you about some success stories and some things to keep in mind before you start a business in rural areas.  If you have ever considered quitting that 9 to 5 grind and moving to the country to start a small business then you need to read this article.  This link will take you directly there.

One of the other things that I found out when I was on this site was the many different aspects that are covered.  There are stories about starting your own online business with links that will take you to videos and online training.  What about country décor?  What do you need to put in your house to make it more country feeling?  Well have no fear there is even a link on the goodbye city life site for this.  And it doesn’t stop there.  Links for country cooking, country crafts, country gardens and even a link for raising children.  Needless to say this site is a wealth of information.  I only hope that the city folk don’t read this and find out how good we have it our here in the country.  

I thought that was our big secret!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment