In the field of lead generation, it is always important to consider the steps needed to do the job. This is the secret to a successful telemarketing campaign. While you might think that the job of getting B2B leads is easy, it cannot be further from the truth. You need to pay close attention in every step, so that you will not fail. Of course, if you need professional help, then you can always outsource to a professional telemarketing company. They have the means to handle such matters efficiently. Of course, for the unskilled, it might be a mystery on how they go about their work. Actually, it is not that much of a perplexity. Generating business leads by means of telemarketing is a common process.
Among the steps that all teams do are:
1. Dialing the number - the first step of the process is calling the prospects on the phone. A telemarketer will need to make an outbound call before they can begin. Actually, this is the most obvious of the steps in telemarketing.
2. Making a connection - after dialing, the call gets connected to the intended recipient. What is important is that the call gets connected. Now, if you are getting too many dropped calls, no answer, or a machine voice, you might want to take a second look at your telemarketing list. It means there is something wrong in it.
3. Having a conversation - this is the point where the telemarketing representative talks to someone on the phone. It may be long or short, but the important point is that a conversation was made. This is ales the point where a gatekeeper might be in place, so take note of that.
4. Talking to the actual prospect - during the conversation, the person the representative is talking to should the prospect or the main decision-maker. This is an important point, since it will give you an idea on whether a purchase or deal can be made.
5. Qualifying the account - here, it is established whether the prospect and the account is within the caller's market segment. If it is, it is then qualified for the sales representative to take over. It is necessary to qualify this in order to determine the profitability of going after the sales leads.
6. Understanding the need - after qualifying the account, the next step that a lead generation representative does is to see if the prospect has plans already to handle it. If they do, then they are most likely to become B2B leads
7. Making the sales leads ready - basically speaking, this is the last stage. A lead generation team, after verifying all the details, will then prepare the prospect for the next process: talking to the sales representative. Here, the details about when the next call will be made, who will be talking, or whether the meeting will be in person, all these details will be hammered down at this point.
That is how a professional telemarketing company does its work. At least you get a better picture now.
Belinda Summers is business development consultant specializing in b2b business lead generation for mid-size ang large business industries. She has been writing tips on how to market your business effectively through telemarketing and online marketing. Get informative insights on lead generation and telemarketing at http://www.callboxinc.com/telemarketing-services
EasyPublish this article: http://submityourarticle.com/articles/easypublish.php?art_id=296399