Friday, August 24, 2012

Selling My Grandmother's Very Old Jewelry

Copyright (c) 2012 Best Edge SEO

Not too long ago I was cleaning out my grandmother's attic when I noticed some older looking boxes filled with antique jewelry. My grandmother was having some problems with her house so we decided to make some extra cash selling the jewelry. I wasn't too sure what to expect when selling these pieces of jewelry, the process, the amount that I should expect. I was in the dark and especially since it was my grandmother's I wanted to make sure we got the most we could get for it. I began doing research on the subject to insure we wouldn't be taken advantage of for our lack of knowledge. There are a few things to check out before selling.

What kind of jewelry do you have? Is it gold, silver, precious gems and stones? Depending on what type you have will drastically change who you will speak with for the appraisal and where you'll go to attempt to sell your jewelry. There are a lot of specifics concerning how to value all the different types of jewelry, so I won't go into it, you can find other articles that specify the details about appraising gold, silver and other types of jewelry.

First have your stuff appraised, it will probably be better to get a first opinion from a third party, this way you won't have to worry about any biased opinions. If you have the time and patience, check out a few different independent appraisers, then you can best judge what your selling price will start at.

After you have decided on your selling price and that's where and who you're selling it to. There are many places to go for selling jewelry. You can take your merchandise to any pawnshop but you'll most likely get the least for your sale. Going to auctions and conventions can bring in more money however it is never certain. If you want people searching for your product you can take out an ad in the local newspaper or use websites auctions or post your merchandise on a number of sites geared towards this exact market.

It is easy to sell your old and unwanted jewelry, the hard part is selling it at the price you want. The important thing is to have it properly appraised so you have a leg to stand on when selling, you don't want to get taken advantage of. After I gathered the information I needed, my grandmother and I were able to get an honest price for her old jewelry, and you can do it to.


----------------------------------------------------
http://www.buyalljewelry.com/ is the best place on the web to buy and sell old jewelry.


EasyPublish this article: http://submityourarticle.com/articles/easypublish.php?art_id=289753

No comments:

Post a Comment