Friday, August 24, 2012

How To Focus On The Path To Cash and Opportunities In Your Business

What is focus? According to the dictionary, "a central point, as of attraction, attention, or activity." Sounds simple, right?

I guess you could argue that it's not your focus that is the problem with getting to cash and opportunities in your business. Heck you're working really hard and doing lots of stuff! From social media - I have too little white space to mention all of the networks - to designing program, products, services and the marketing that goes along with it. You're just plumb tuckered out. So focus "ain't" the problem.

It's where to put your focus. And here's the real challenge…it "ain't" the same for everyone! Don't kid yourself or let someone "tickle your fancy" by telling you that one size fits all. It is different for everyone.

So here's my prescription for you if you're wondering how to focus on the path to cash and opportunities. We'll start with a few steps and end with a few ways of being more focused.

First, the steps... I have now recognized after working with hundreds of business owners that we tend to run away from our core genius. I'll use myself as an example to make it clear.

In my corporate days, I developed the skill of connecting the dots and becoming singularly focused on a result or outcome. When I began my entrepreneurial journey, I didn't want anything to do with how I was in my corporate life. After all, that was what I was escaping to be an entrepreneur, right?

However, when you don't have a boss to tell you what the objectives are and how to go after them - and checking to make sure you have, then other distractions can (and will!) pull your focus!

So your first step is to identify what your "core genius" is. It's likely that thing you're running away from or don't want anything to do with because you really want to be someone or something else. But if that thing was your thing, then you should quickly figure out how you can use it in your business today.

Here's the thing, and I want you to play close attention to this. If you use what you're already good at in combination with what you want to be, you will rock! I have had coaches try to tell me how to use what I know, but I resisted because I wanted out! Well, I've since learned…they were right.

Once you know what that thing is, your next step is to look at how you can use it in your business. One of my clients has a publishing background and she wanted to do something entirely different. But I saw the connection to what she wanted to do and the "core genius" she possessed and that combo naturally creates a 6-figure business! Whereas what she wanted to do would not likely get her above mid-5-figures, if she were lucky!

Finally, how can you be more focused on the cash and opportunities? Take a couple of deep breaths and think about your business for a minute. Deeply think about what you do, whom you do it for and how you do it. Next, are there any ways you'd like to do it differently?

Now, get a sheet of paper or a blank page on your computer. Capture the following, without editing it, just write/type:

- Who do I know and what's my relationship with them

- What is it that everyone in my market says they need?

- What have I recently learned that I can teach my current clients, prospects or leads?

- What events, i.e., networking events, parties, conferences, etc. can I get out to, right now?

Then go get a glass of water or do something to un-focus for a few minutes. When you return, you will likely see connections emerge from what you've written. Trust me…it works…and here's why.

When I asked you to think deeply about your business, you implanted what you want in your mind/subconscious, so looking at a list of people you know will take on a new meaning to you because it's "mixing" with your thoughts of your business. The same applies with the rest of the list.

Use the steps and the focus/un-focus technique to identify cash and other opportunities to grow your business.

And then…take action.


----------------------------------------------------
Chris Makell, creator the "6-Figure Small Business Incubator guides entrepreneurs to be in the truth of their business so that they experience "real" freedom, with ease. Get your complimentary list of time saving tools at http://www.chrismakell.com/resources-2/top-10-resources/


EasyPublish this article: http://submityourarticle.com/articles/easypublish.php?art_id=280745

No comments:

Post a Comment