1) Install and Configure the WordPress Platinum SEO Plugin - this plugin will help you to ensure that your blog is well optimized for the search engines. It is easy to install and setup and it allows you to optimize TITLE and meta tags of the home page of your blog and ensure that each individual blog post.
2) Use the WordPress XML sitemap plugin. This will allow you to easily create a sitemap of your blog. Search engine bots can then follow this sitemap to discover all the pages on your site. This will usually help them to index a larger number of pages. Establishing an XML map will not directly increase your search engine ranking but it will increase the chances of you getting traffic to all of the individual pages and posts on your blog.
3) Use Blog Commenting. There are many active blogging communities and it shouldn't be difficult to find some blogs in your niche. When you comment on another blog, your name appears and blog readers can click on on your name to visit your blog. Find blogs on a topic related to yours and post quality comments. Do not get involved in arguments or anything that will reflect badly on you or your website: instead, do your best to make people want to learn more about you and your products.
4) Use the Google Adwords Keyword Tool. Staying up to date with new keywords is important and it is worth using this tool to create a big list of long tail keywords related to your niche. Use the tool to get a good idea of what kind of keywords are popular and which ones are used by your target audience. You should also pay attention to the keywords used by your competitors: you might want to avoid direct competition and choose other keywords for your site.
5) Build a variety of high quality backlinks. Building backlinks will increase your position in the search engines, particularly if you use your keywords in the anchor text of each link you build. Focus on getting backlinks from sites that are relevant to your topic: interacting with other bloggers is a good way to get backlinks, as well as getting your posts featured on other websites, distributing press releases and writing and publishing articles.
6) Create an RSS feed for your blog.You should think about syndicating your blog posts because this means your posts will be featured on other websites and people can subscribe to your blog to be kept up to date via email or in an RSS reader.
As you can see, there are many different ways to get traffic to your WordPress blog. Learn to use these methods wisely and your site will be successful.
Vist Suzanne Morrison's site http://www.3stepstosearchenginesuccess.com - to learn more about how to get lots of high quality traffic to your website or blog. You can also register for her free search engine optimization course by email at http://www.3stepstosearchenginesuccess.com/free-seo-course.php to learn more about using SEO effectively.
EasyPublish this article: http://submityourarticle.com/articles/easypublish.php?art_id=254456